Those preparing for Dallas restaurant jobs
should be sure to get the proper education first.
There are a number of restaurant jobs available, but positions in management are perhaps the most lucrative and highest-paying. In order to get a management job, however, you have to obtain the proper education and training.
As the restaurant sector is part of the larger leisure and hospitality industry
, college programs in restaurant management are often combined with those. This means you may learn about everything from food production and sanitation to cost effectiveness and how to write reports.
According to an article by Education-Portal.com, some courses you can expect to take while pursuing a degree in restaurant management include:
- Restaurant management - Learn about the common duties of restaurant managers, including administration, accounting, human resources, planning, organizing, and marketing.
- Food and beverage control - Learn about production and service delivery, guest services, reservations, point-of-sale systems, portion costs, how to make deals with markets, price buying, percentage yields, and inventory analysis.
- Sanitation and food safety - Learn about standard sanitation guidelines that will help prevent food-borne illnesses, including proper food handling techniques, personal hygiene, food storage, and correct temperatures to prevent contamination.
- Food production - Learn how to prepare hot foods and baked goods for commercial kitchens, including everything from desserts and breads to soups and sauces.
- Culinary math - Lean how math is used in the food service industry, for everything from weights and measurements to recipe conversions and menu pricing.
Labels: Dallas restaurant jobs